Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act:
Indigenous Zero Waste Technical Advisory Group
NOTICE: Please visit www.privacyforbusiness.ic.gc.ca for important information about your privacy rights as defined by the Office of the Privacy Trade Commissioner of Canada.
- This policy covers how IZWTAG treats the personal information that it collects and receives including, but not restricted to, information related to past use of IZWTAG’s services and products, attendance of events, financial information (i.e. membership payment, event registration, etc), questionnaires, financial and feedback.
- Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, personal address, personal email address, or personal phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available (business contact information is excluded).
- Upon request, you can be notified of what personally identifiable information of yours is collected; how the information is used; with whom the information may be shared; what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information; what kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under IZWTAG’s control; and how any inaccuracies in the information can be corrected.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that IZWTAG does not own or control, or to people that IZWTAG does not employ, contract or manage.
Information Collection and Use General
- IZWTAG collects personal information when you apply to become an IZWTAG member, a member of IZWTAG Board of Directors, when you become a sponsor, when you register to attend an IZWTAG event, when you request to be on our mailing list, and/or when you become an IZWTAG employee, volunteer or intern.
- When you register for any of the above stated items, we ask for personal information such as your name, email address, address, telephone number, industry, job title (if applicable), and birth date (if applicable). For some products and services, such as event registration or sponsorship, we may also ask for your payment information.
- IZWTAG collects information about your interactions with us, including information about your event attendance and product or service use.
- IZWTAG uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the services and communications that are provided for you, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- IZWTAG does not sell or share personal information about you with other people or organizations except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with IZWTAG under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help IZWTAG communicate with you about offers from IZWTAG or to help tailor events to your needs. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information;
- You can make corrections to your personal information with IZWTAG or request to be removed from our database at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org;
- We reserve the right to send you communications relating to the IZWTAG service such as event announcements, administrative messages and IZWTAG publications that are considered a part of your IZWTAG membership unless you opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to personnel and Board members who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- IZWTAG may update this policy according to Federal or Provincial legislation requirements. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in our database or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please contact us at: email@example.com
Dated: April 19, 2020 – last updated