$17.50 an hour
Full Job Description
Columbia Bottle Depot is a civic award winning company looking to make a difference in the environmental world. You can feel good about coming to work, knowing that you are making a positive change by helping to divert thousands of tons of material from landfills each year.
Come work for us, where you can make a difference in the world!
What We Offer
- Competitive wages starting at $17.50 (depending on experience) with a wage review after passing a three month probationary period
- Stable full-time schedule at 40 hours per week (or part-time for the right candidate)
- Great benefits package with shared premiums after completing a three month probationary period
- Generous Employee Referral Policy ($150-$500)
- Employees are scheduled to work between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- We provide company shirts so you don’t have to worry about what to wear in the morning or getting your favorite shirt dirty
- A great team environment
- Many of our staff learn awesome new skills including obtaining forklift certification, Occupational Level One First Aid certification, and their WHMIS certificates
- Staff appreciation BBQs and monthly birthday celebrations
Who We Are Looking For
We are searching for a positive and reliable individual looking for a stable, long-term position in a fast paced environment to work at one of our three recycling depots in Kelowna. Two of the depots, including Kent and Dease Road, have been newly automated, which means a cleaner and high-tech working environment. Candidates should enjoy physical work and not mind doing a variety of duties.
- Stable, full-time hours (40 per week) or part-time hours offered for the right person
- Provide warehouse labour support (including moving materials, processing large quantities of refundable materials, using the cardboard crusher, ensuring that the GFL area is tidy and stocked, processing material on the automated machines) and provide excellent customer service to interesting people of all backgrounds
- Accurately sorting materials including aluminum cans, glass bottles, cardboard, plastic bottles, and more
- Provide accurate payment to customers
- Cleaning, tidying, and other duties as assigned
- This is a physical position that requires some strength and lots of stamina.
- Previous labour and/or customer service experience is preferred, but we do hire enthusiastic, willing to work candidates without experience;
- Be physically able to stand for entire shift, have good attention to detail, be able to lift 10 pounds on a regular basis and be able to lift 60lbs on occasion;
- Must be flexible to cover shifts and to work overtime on occasion;
- As this position takes place in a warehouse environment, safety toed shoes (also known as steel toed shoes) are a necessity within seven days of the start of employment.
How to Apply
- Submit a resume through this job advertisement – Write “I love recycling” in your message to let us know that you read this ad (and to let us know that you love recycling!)
- Fax: (250) 765-9118
- Address: 680 Dease Road, Kelowna, BC, V1X-4A5
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.50 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you able to reliably commute to work between 8:00 am to 5:30 pm?
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)