Sorting & Recycling Porter
With operations in 11 of 13 provinces and territories, Dexterra provides quality solutions for ongoing maintenance and operations to clients in the aviation, defense and security, retail, commercial, private industry, health care, education and government sectors.
At Dexterra, our expertise in bringing together the right people with the right skills to transform service delivery and improve our client’s customer experience is what sets us apart. We take a truly integrated approach working with our client’s specific needs whether it’s a new or existing facility.
Dexterra requires an experienced, reliable, bondable, Permanent Part-Time Afternoon Compost and Recycling Sorter and Cleaner, Monday to Friday from 5 pm to 9 pm at the Bay Centre in Victoria B.C. Canada immediately.
The sorting hours may change from 4 hours per day to 5 or 6 hours per day, during extended seasonal hours as required to meet facility demands at the discretion of the client.
We are committed to helping our clients reduce the environmental impact our managed facilities have by minimizing waste generated and maximizing the diversion of refundable, recyclable, and compostable materials.
We require a part time evening sorting staff member to sort through onsite generated trash, compost and refundable containers to ensure all waste is put in the proper waste stream for collection. We then weigh & record the diversion amounts collected for detailed reports to our clients. If you are committed, reliable, and have a strong sense of environmental responsibility, this job opportunity is for you.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Emptying and sorting compostable food waste and non-compostable materials from compost bins and trash bags from food vendors and tenants on sorting table daily;
- Weighing and recording the weight of solid and liquid materials and diverting into the proper waste streams daily;
- Sorting and bagging of refundables & transferring to storage areas for scheduled pick-ups daily;
- Performing compost & garbage pickups from the food court, interior, exterior, patios & parkade areas daily as required;
- Divert all acceptable paper from compost and trash into recycle bins daily;
- Transferring paper & recycle totes from service areas to loading dock for scheduled pick-ups as required daily;
- Cardboard removal & disposal from loading dock as required daily;
- Garbage removal & disposal from loading dock as required daily;
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all compost, recycle and garbage bins as needed daily;
- Cleaning the sorting area, table & tools daily;
- Keeping the loading dock and service hallways clean & tidy;
- General portering as required;
1. applicants must have a clean criminal record;
2.applicants must have valid I.D. and be able to work in Canada
Successful applicants will be able to meet the following requirements:
- cleaning experience preferred but training will be provided
- follow all Dexterra company policies at all times
- follow the company pandemic cleaning program at all times
- be detail oriented and thorough completing tasks
- be able to complete all tasks within time frames to meet or exceed deadlines
- work in a safe and efficient manner
- follow all company and client safety and security procedures at all times
- be courteous and professional at all times
We want to build a strong team of leaders who follow the company safety programs and can provide the exceptional cleaning services our clients demand from our organization to meet the requirements for a clean and safe experience in their facilities.