Recycling – Side Load Class 5w/air
Waste Control Services has added single family residential recycling services to the District of West Vancouver (DWV) for a new contract that started in July 2020. We are seeking a Class 5 driver w/air endorsement and experience to join our team.
Recycling services will consist of collecting 3 streams of material: Mixed Paper, Mixed Containers, & Glass.
The primary responsibility of our Drivers is to complete the routes in a skillful and safe manner. A high component of physical fitness is necessary due to performing manual toss at each household.
- Class 5 with air endorsement drivers license.
- Two years of experience in the waste management industry driving Residential Side Load vehicles is considered a strong asset
- Driver’s abstract that meets with WCS standards
- Ability to work in all-weather environment while maintaining a positive and respectful communication with residents
- Endurance and desire to perform physically demanding work
- 5 X8 shift – Monday to Friday 4:30am to 1:00pm
What we offer to you:
- Competitive compensation that recognizes waste industry experience
- Permanent, Full-time, long term, secure employment
- Company paid benefit premiums: Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care and Employee Family Assistance program.
- Company contributions to Pension Plan
- Strong company culture and other perks including annual boot allowance, safe drivers & loyalty bonuses.
Waste Control Services has been a reputable employer for 30 years-come join our team and work with positive people who love what they do! We thank all applicants who have shown an interest in this position however we will only be contacting those candidates who are under further consideration.