Recycling Facility Operator
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to operate our new recycling facility in beautiful Telkwa, BC.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the recycling depot, ensuring that recyclables are properly sorted, and maintaining detailed records. You will also ensure the removal of materials by contractors.
In addition to the ability to work well independently, successful candidates must possess excellent communication skills, knowledge and experience of recycling activities, and have experience with data recording/entry. Although the facility is a covered structure, candidates must be comfortable working outside in all types of weather conditions from time-to-time. A valid BC Driver’s license is required.
This opportunity is for one (1) regular full-time position (35hrs.) to work Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Receiving recyclable material from commercial haulers – guiding trucks in/out and assisting with dumping on the tipping floor.
– Cleaning, organizing and baling cardboard, paper and plastic material; including strapping, stacking and loading finished bales for shipment.
– Use of scale to weigh finished bales. Collect and record data.
– Operating the baler and skid steer safely. (Training will be provided if required)
– Consistently and correctly inputting data and managing inventory required for government programs.
– Clean and organize the facility, loading non-recyclable material into bins for disposal
– Administrative duties as required.
– Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs. with repetitive bending and lifting
– Computer literacy including data entry and basic office programs (Word, Excel)
– Ability to work overtime when required.
– Valid BC Driver’s License.
– Successfully pass an RCMP Criminal Record Check
The new facility will be located at 8170 Hwy 16 near Telkwa and expected start date is April 6th.
Expected start date: 2021-04-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- English (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings