At Platinum Pro-Claim, we set ourselves apart from similar disaster restoration companies in the Vancouver area in many ways. We have more than three decades of combined experience working in the industry delivering exceptional services to residents and business owners in the area. Additionally, the jobs we work on vary in size, including large commercial buildings and much smaller residential homes. Our goal is to provide only top-notch customer service, which we guarantee from the start to finish for a job!
If you want to find out more about who we are, please check out our company website: https://www.ppcr.ca.
The Recycling Assistant is responsible for helping PPCR maintain our values on the environment. You will be reporting to our Facility Manager, and will be part of the Warehouse Department. However, at times you will be requested to work in the Flood department or the warehouse. The position requires you to have an attention to detail when sorting different materials and to be able to use your sense of environmentally sound practices when taking on tasks.
- Having a valid BC drivers’ license (to be presented at time of hire)
- Passing a criminal check
- Lifting and loading material & equipment from 30lbs- 140lbs
- Having an attention to detail
- Able to work up to 40 hours per week
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Experience with hand and power tools is considered an asset.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment always
- A good understanding of safe lifting techniques is considered an asset.
- Working well alone as well as in a team environment
- Construction or restoration experience is considered an asset.
- Junk removal experience is considered and asset.
- Removing construction materials and taking direction from staff
- Assisting warehouse staff in day-to-day tasks
- Loading and unloading a truck with a variety of materials, supplies and debris.
- Operating a baler to compact a variety of materials.
- Sorting debris into different streams of recycling
- Identifying salvageable material and items
- Working with and assisting the head Garbologist and other Recycling Assistants
- Maintaining a neat and orderly company vehicle if assigned
- Working collaboratively with demolition, construction, carpentry, content, and hazmat teams
- Communicating with customers and co-workers regarding debris removal and sustainability initiatives
- Ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed in detail.
- Sorting garbage waste and recovering materials
- Working with our Project Management software, Restorify
- Following all health and safety policies and procedures we have in place.
- Creating more efficient systems for recycling and disposing of debris that aligns with our sustainability initiatives.
- Completing your timecard daily
Compensation and Work Environment
- Wage: $16.00 – $21.00 per hour (based on experience)
- Benefits: An extensive benefits plan that includes extended health, dental, GRSP, and LTD, plus a health care spending account. The successful candidate will become eligible for benefits after completing their probationary period, which is working a minimum of 30 hours per week consecutively for three months, beginning on their start date.
- Health and Wellness: Free yoga classes and customized personal trainer programs, as well as a full CrossFit gym in our warehouse
- Position: Full-Time
- Flexible working environment, family-oriented culture, dog-friendly office, and multiple staff parties a year.
We are a growing company with many opportunities for advancement in the future!
Applicants must be legally authorized to Work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$21.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC (preferred)
- Recycling: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver’s License (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place