As a family owned company founded in 1971 in the scrap metal recycling industry, Amix has since expanded into a wide range of services, including marine salvage, marine projects, marine towing and barging, concrete sales and steel distribution. The Amix Group consists of six companies providing specialized and quality service. These companies include Amix Marine Projects, Amix Marine Service, Amix Marine Salvage, Western Concrete, Amix Steel and Surplus, and Amix Recycling.
The Amix Group operates a barge and chip loading facility just outside Prince Rupert BC. Operating a fleet of tugs and Barges Amix Marine services utilizes the Prince Rupert Butze Terminal to load and unload barges including Wood Chips, Sand & Gravel and Heavy Equipment. This entry level position requires the ability to work closely with the Facility Manager to follow instructions for the completion of general labour tasks. General Labourer tasks may include securing ropes, cleaning up the barges, and maintenance of the conveyors, etc.
This position is located in Prince Rupert and will require the successful candidate to live locally!
- General labour duties as instructed
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Securing ropes
- Cleaning up barges
- Maintenance of conveyors
Qualification and Skills:
- Grade 12 or GED
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds safely
- Experience in the use of a variety of tools
- Must be reliable, mature, punctual, motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and communicate effectively
- Knowledgeable in general safety practices
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits after successful completion of 90 day probation.
More details about the Amix Group can be found at www.amixgroup.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- General Labourer: 1 year (Required)
- Prince Rupert, BC (Required)
- ENGLISH (Required)