Arrow & Slocan Lakes Community Services is an organization that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities and sustainable and innovative initiatives such as our social venture, Community Works.
Community Works is designed specifically to create employment opportunities for individuals with diverse abilities, skills, capabilities and potential.
We are looking for candidates with a good work ethic who are not afraid to get their hands dirty to start on our sorting team. You will be sorting beverage containers coming in from donors in our community. This position will provide you the opportunity for training and growth.
This is a part-time position with a starting wage of $14.60/hr and your birthday off with pay.
Duties of General Labourer/Sorter:
- sorting recycled glass and plastic bottles/cans
- place items in designated bins according to type
- maintain the cleanliness of the recycling areas
- work as a part of a team
- Able to work wearing safety glasses and hearing protection
- Must be able to stand for periods of time
- Comply with company safety policies and COVID protocol
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Record Check
- Drivers License (Class 5) would be an asset
For more information please contact:
Christiana Samai – Community Works Coordinator
or phone: 250-265-3674, ext 214
To apply to be a part of the great team:
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in person at
205-6th Ave NW, Nakusp (Community Services building)
Arrow & Slocan Lakes Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We welcome all applicants to apply, preference will be given to applicants who meet the goals and mandate of Community Works.