Furniture Demolition/ Recycling Crew: P/T Weekends
Join our Furniture Demolition / Recycling Crew. INDOOR work. Daytime shift: 8:30 am – 5 pm, Saturday and Sundays.
Please note we have a strict Attendance Policy. We are a small company and need all staff to report to work as scheduled.
This is a physical position that requires being on your feet, regular heavy lifting, using a variety of hand-tools to take apart and demolish furniture, and being able to move at a good pace. Safe work practices are essential.
To succeed at this job, you MUST have ample experience safely using drills, reciprocating saws, and all sorts of other hand tools. If you are not comfortable and very experienced using these kinds of tools, please apply for one of our other General Labour jobs instead. The position is with a very busy mattress and furniture recycling facility located on Annacis Island (Delta, BC) but is specifically for our furniture processing team.
We are accessible by transit and also have free parking.
- Unloading and inspecting used and defective furniture from trucks;
- Dismantling furniture using various methods and tools;
- Properly sorting components for recycling;
- Keeping work area/ warehouse clean;
- Following ALL operating and safety procedures and policies, including wearing a respirator (which we provide);
- Meeting realistic quotas and expectations for volume of material processed;
- Other appropriate tasks as they arise.
- Fast learner with good retention
- Able to work in a physically demanding job and be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Previous experience working safely with drills, reciprocating saws, and other similar tools.
- Hard-working, efficient, safety-conscious, able to work independently.
- Honest, punctual, responsible, reliable, and a team player.
- Able to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- You may be asked to provide a current criminal record check. We also may do online court record checks.
**You must be able to wear a small respirator (which we provide) for the entire shift except during breaks. No exceptions, as per WorkSafeBC.** Must be clean-shaven, as per WorkSafeBC.
We provide all training and personal protective equipment (other than boots). $20/hr to start and depending on experience (forklift, first aid, supervisory, JHSC experience, etc can earn extra).
Full-time employees are eligible for company-paid health benefits, AD & D coverage, life insurance, flu and tetanus shots, and paid sick leave after a 3-month probationary period. All employees who reach regular weekly hours of 30 hours or more are considered full-time.