Front End Garbage Truck Driver
Maple Leaf Disposal is looking for qualified drivers to come join British Columbia’s fastest growing Disposal company. We are looking for an experienced Front End Garbage Truck Driver to join our team. We offer 3×12 hour shifts (topped up to 40hrs pay) to help support a strong work/life balance with opportunity for overtime shifts.
Please apply with your resume and Driver’s Abstract
Salary- $32-38 per hour, dependent on experience
Benefits: Full benefit package after 3 months of service
Annual boot and uniform vouchers
The Operator ensures safe operation of the truck, while driving, unloading and loading. The Operator drives to customer locations for pick up, and hoists bin into truck to empty contents using a hydraulic lift. The Operator proceeds to subsequent customers until the truck has a full load to empty at a transfer station before continuing for further customer pick ups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure safe operation of a truck, while driving, loading and unloading.
· Drive to customer location for pick up, and position truck safely to ensure a safe lift.
· Hoist bin onto truck and empty contents using hydraulic lift,
· Ensure customer satisfaction through reliable service.
· Complete special pick ups, as requested by Dispatch.
· Dump contents at designated transfer station or landfill.
· Drive to transfer station to weigh vehicle.
· Complete daily paperwork in a neat and accurate manner.
· Pre and Post trip inspections
· Document any concerns, take pictures to be checked by Supervisor.
- Must have class 3 or 1 BC drivers license
- Have Front End Garbage Truck experience
- Must be able to supply steel toe boots
- Capable of problem solving, critical thinking, job task planning, map/address reading, organizing and significant use of memory.
- Strong knowledge of the Lower Mainland
- Must be able to supply a clean, commercial driver’s abstract.
· Understand company safety guidelines.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
* Fast paced environment.
* Able to perform physical labour including pushing, pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, standing, crouching, bending and carrying over 60lbs.
* Work performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
This is not “just a driving” job. This position contains approximately 70% driving and 30% labor.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex or national origin.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
All employees, visitors are required to wear a mask upon entering company’s premises, common surfaces are sanitized and cleaned regularly, Fill and sign COVID 19 screening form, sanitize your hands upon entry, sanitizers available.
Work Location: On the road