Full Job Description
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 113 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of over $70 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair and winter Fair which average more than 700,000 people annually, Playland amusement park which welcomes 400,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, and a busy year-round portfolio of events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. In total we bring over 2 million people through the site each year. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and delivering memorable experiences.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
- Be a part of the growth of one of Vancouver’s most iconic institutions
- Join a diverse, passionate, and enthusiastic team
What will you do this year?
- Read and interpret work orders, maps, and blueprints for all year-round and self-produced events.
- Evaluate and suggest improvements on equipment, current programs, and procedures.
- Set standards for site, equipment, and vehicle cleanliness.
- Ensure site cleanliness standards are upheld and report any issues to Foreperson III or Management.
- Ensure changeover requirements are met in a timely manner and report any issues to Foreperson III or Management.
- Ensure site wide diversion program is being executed and upheld.
- Perform regular walkthroughs of the property to ensure cleanliness of common areas and parking lots.
- Other duties as required.
- Lead with a safety-first mindset and ensure all team members are working within Worksafe BC regulations, documenting toolbox talks, using FLHA’s and all other safety related documents.
- Experience leading staff in venue changeover – including but not limited to: portable seating, concert chairs, hockey boards & glass, basketball floor, pipe & drape, fencing, garbage/recycling bins, picnic tables/benches, furniture, etc
- Ensure operational documentation (change over, bleacher move, ice build etc.) is reviewed with all staff regularly (processes).
- Abide by corporate policies and reinforce corporate policies among all team members.
- Assist in the Coaching, Mentoring and Performance management of all labour crew.
- Maintain valid mobile equipment certifications.
- Produce/ Create and Present safety and toolbox talks and documentation to crews.
- Ensure Crews are adhering to safety policies and are educated on best practices.
- Ensure crews are informed of and are wearing the appropriate PPE for tasks.
- Submit work request for vehicle and equipment to be serviced
- Ensure Vehicle checks are completed and documented – reporting any issues that arise
- Support OH&S initiatives through being an active and contributing member to the PNE’s OH&S committee.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensure the Completion of Daily Vehicle Checks.
- Communicate and collaborate with Foreperson III on scheduling staff.
- Scheduling vehicles and equipment through current sign out processes.
- Daily asset allocation to labour crews.
- Utilize CMMS program (Limble) for documentation and reporting work requests.
- Populate and submit timesheets to Foreperson III.
- Schedule changes will be implemented during the below periods to support operational needs:
- Summer Fair – August 1st to September 30th
- Winter Fair – December 1st to January 15th
- Must have at least 3 years of previous experience supervising large teams, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of punctuality, regular attendance, adhering to corporate policies, and exhibiting a strong work ethic to drive departmental effectiveness.
- Previous experience with task delegation and a history of productive, safe, and efficient work is required.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, along with an ability to coach and performance manage staff is required.
- Must have excellent communication skills to foster effective relationships with staff, guests, and managers.
- A valid 5th class BC Driver’s license and the ability to provide a clear and up-to-date Driver’s Abstract is required.
- Forklift Certification required.
- Must be trained or have experience on the following: Skid Steer, forklift, zoom boom, sweeper truck, flusher tractor, Ice resurfacing machine, UTV’s, Snow removal equipment, loader, pressure washer, blowers, hotsie.
- Must have knowledge of materials and methods used in the janitorial industry.
- Must have knowledge of servicing and maintaining equipment frequently used in construction trade.
- Must have knowledge on Work Safe BC Regulation
- OFA Level 1 is considered an asset.
- Previous experience working with a CMMS program (Limble)is considered an asset.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including tact diplomacy and flexibility to work effectively with management, staff, contractors, and the public.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, is required.
- Successful candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
- Work Schedule: Friday to Monday 7:00AM – 5:00 PM.
Who are you?
- Strong organizational skills
- Eager self-starter
- Motivated by fast-paced environments
- Effective and adaptive communicator
- Committed to striving for excellence & evolution
Where and when to APPLY?
The PNE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse community we proudly serve. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or age. If you require any support or accommodations throughout any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the People & Culture Department at email@example.com .