Extruder Operator, $22-25
We are Hiring for Full-Time Permanent Extrusion Machine Operator positions.
Merlin Plastics Inc. offers a dynamic and inclusive work environment, and a positive work culture. We have industry-leading wages and competitive group benefits, including dental, healthcare and Retirement Savings.
Merlin Plastics Inc. is an innovative, recycler and processor of post-consumer and post-industrial plastics. Our mission is a dedication to providing environmental recycling services that are environmentally sound, and socially responsible.
103 – 917 Cliveden Ave.
Delta BC V3M 5R6
Phone: 604-203-2333, Fax. 604-521-5889
Merlin Plastics Inc. is currently seeking individuals with a strong work ethic, and good problem-solving skills to join our Extruder Operator team. For the right candidate, this is a career opportunity with room for growth and advancement.
Hours: The position is a 12hr rotating day/night shift (7:00 AM to 7:00 PM for the first two weeks, followed by 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM for the other two weeks in a month.
Compensation: $22/hr starting hourly rate. Range $22 to $25 /hour
Vacation pay: 4% of total wages or 2 weeks paid at regular wage, whichever is greater
Benefits: Group benefits (Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Health & dental, Long-Term Disability and RRSP’s after three months)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities shall include:
- Performs daily production activities on plastic extrusion lines
- Ensure all lines are running without quality concerns at the beginning and throughout your shift
- Operator extrusion, downtime tracking and running sheets are completed.
- Provide help and support to other team members when needed and as able.
- Make all colour and gloss checks on time and scrap out of spec product when necessary
- Make all quality checks as required. Finished products must match all quality standards assigned
- Maintain maximum regrind use and line speed standards
- Assist in line changeovers including die removal and replacement
- Maintain housekeeping of your lines and workstation.
- Able to work a 12hr/day/night rotating shift
- Work at various site locations
- Positive attitude, and takes pride in their work
- Detail-oriented, and organized
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Desire to learn new skills
- Industrial First Aid Level 1
- Forklift experience or certificate
- Language: English
- Criminal record clearance check
What we offer:
- Bonus: $400 after 1040 hours – around 6 months of employment and $400 after 2080 hours – around 12 months of employment
- Anniversary gift cards
- Company events: free coffee, barbecues
- Full-Time and Long-Term Employment
- Group Benefits (such as Dental & Healthcare) and RRSP’s after 3 months
- Employee personal and professional development
- Strong HR support
- Free parking space
- The bus stop is 5 minutes away
- Extra pay for First aid level 1 or 2
- Night Allowances
HOW TO APPLY
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your attachments in Adobe Acrobat pdf. or MS Word format.
Intended job posting audience:
Canadian Resident, Canadian Permanent Resident or Valid work permit
Job Type: Full-time