As a family owned company founded in 1971 in the scrap metal recycling industry, Amix has since expanded into a wide range of services, including marine salvage, marine projects, marine towing and barging, concrete sales and steel distribution. The Amix Group consists of five companies providing specialized and quality service. These companies include Amix Marine Projects, Amix Marine Service, Amix Marine Salvage, Western Concrete, Amix Steel and Surplus, and Amix Recycling.
Amix Marine Services provides tugs, barges, marine crews and other resources to our coastal marine community. Our Marine Services fleet includes international load lined equipment that allows us to transport cargo anywhere between Canada and the US. The Amix fleet also includes crane barges, floats, and other marine equipment. Vessels are dispatched from Campbell River, BC and operate between Haida Gwaii BC and Coos Bay Oregon.
- Under the Supervision of Mate and Master, carries out general deck duties to support the tug and barge operations including tandem towing operations, general seamanship duties including lookout.
- Supports ship assist and barge towing operations, including handling deck lines, wires, and towing gear
- Provides general ship upkeep and maintenance, including cleaning and food preparation
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Previous tug boat experience strongly preferred
- Marine Emergency Duties – Basic Safety Training (updated within last 5 years)
- Valid Canadian passport (able to cross USA border without restrictions)
- Food Safe Certificate
- Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate
- Strong communication and proven teamwork skills
- Ability to meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Small Vessel Machine Operator Certification (Preferred)
- Scheduled shift rotation
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a permanent full time position with competitive wages and benefits in alignment with Canadian Merchant Service Guild rates.
More details about the Amix Group can be found at www.amixgroup.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Deckahand: 1 year (Required)
- tug boat: 1 year (Required)
- Foodsafe level1 (Required)
- ENGLISH (Required)