Class 3 Front End Truck Driver – MUST HAVE PRIOR Front End Experience
Join Our Driving Team
Urban Impact is looking for Class 3 Truck Drivers with a strong customer service focus to join our driving team in New Westminster.
This is a full-time position. Ideal candidates must have previous Front End Driving experience and great people skills.
Being a driver at Urban Impact can be a fun, educational and rewarding experience. Successful applicants will learn how to safely and efficiently operate the vehicle while gaining a better understanding of the recycling process.
Our drivers really go the extra mile! Our drivers interact with customers and members of the public each day and have a heightened responsibility to represent our brand, our team members, and values. Our drivers also have a heightened responsibility to represent our brand, staff, and values to our customers.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Clean Driver’s Abstract – required with resume
- Must have one year experience driving front end
- 2-3 years of commercial or Class 3 driving experience
- Must have a sound knowledge of Lower Mainland city roadways
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Great customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate safe lifting practices of up to 60 lbs
- Must be willing to work weekends
- This position reports directly to the Trucking Manager
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections
- Complete an assigned daily route as assigned
- Ensure safe operation of a truck, while driving, loading and unloading
- Drive and position vehicle safely at customer pick up locations, ensure safe pick up and lifting of containers
- Daily route consists of driving to customer sites, setting, lifting and emptying bins into front-end vehicle, and returning the bin to the original location
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner
- Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal recycling/waste facilities
- Attend all Safety or Tool Box Meetings, comply with Urban Impact policies and Standard Operating Procedures
We offer a superior compensation package including
- Competitive starting hourly rate
- Pay enhancer after probation and for air brake endorsement
- Performance bonus
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP matching
- Enhanced Health Benefits plan including Medical and Dental coverage
- New Health Savings Account
- Incentives for workplace wellness and health
- And even an incentive for getting to work in an environmentally friendly way
- All staff must be fully vaccinated
- If you believe you are qualified and would like to join the Urban Impact team please fill out the form below.
- All offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check.
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Urban Impact
Urban Impact is a dynamic workplace with a culture that values and promotes learning opportunities. We promote within and have a referral bonus program.
We are a close-knit group, all motivated to work diligently to meet the high expectations of our customers. We strive to make the company a rewarding place to work, where employees feel that they are doing meaningful work and their contributions make a difference.
We offer an exciting, motivating and challenging team environment to fully develop your individual potential. To support continuing growth, we are looking for people with ideas, people who make a difference and are focused on being the best.
We would like to thank you for your interest in Urban Impact. Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Offers of employment are dependent upon the satisfactory results arising from the required security screening for this position:
- Review of the National Safety code Driver’s Abstract (N Print)
- Reference Verification
- Criminal Records background check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.99 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Westminster, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Front End Driver: 1 year (required)
- Class 3 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person