Malatest is one of Canada’s largest social research companies with offices in Victoria, Edmonton, Ottawa, and
Toronto. Currently, Malatest is recruiting a Janitor on a part time, relief basis in our Victoria Office, responsible for
cleaning and maintaining our building located in Victoria, BC.
- Providing caretaking and cleaning of the office building
- Washing windows and interior walls, as needed
- Emptying trash cans and other waste or recycling containers
- Sweeping, moping, and scrubbing the office buildings floors and stairs
- Removing snow and ice from walkways and parking lot areas
- Tending to the grounds surrounding the property
- Cleaning and disinfecting washrooms and fixtures
- Added responsibility when weather or emergent situations occur
- Must be comfortable with physically demanding work that includes bending, stooping, kneeling, and
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Previous experience cleaning and maintenance of office buildings
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of safety codes, regulations, and equipment
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and an ability to understand
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Knowledge of new environmentally friendly standards and associated products may be helpful as
companies move towards more environmentally friendly cleaning methods
- A criminal record check may be required
Posted: April 21, 2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Locations: Victoria, BC
Hours of Work: Part-time hours may vary based on building requirements; Flexibility for a customized work
schedule, as necessary.
Rate of Pay: $20.00 to $25.00 per hour (Contract rates may be negotiated)
How to Apply?
Submit your resume and cover letter to Malatest. No calls please.
Please quote the competition number VOJ-21 within the subject line and content of your application by e-mail.
E-mail: (Word or pdf) Fax:
858 Pandora Ave
Victoria BC V8W 1P4