Battery Technician 2nd Shift
$19 an hour
Full Job Description
Battery Technician 2nd Shift | $19/hour
at Cirba Solutions
** Sign on bonus: $750 **
*** Full Benefits: Health/Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, Disability, RRSP with company match ***
Cirba Solutions is dedicated to pursuing and demonstrating an unwavering commitment to best recycling practices and closed loop materials recovery and management.
Battery Technician Role
The Battery Technician, reporting to the Operations Manager, is responsible for dismantling, sorting, and processing batteries.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and always acting in a safe manner.
- Sorts batteries by chemistry, size, shape, construction, according to safe work procedures.
- Prepares batteries for processing.
- Collection, segregation, accumulation, packaging, and labeling hazardous waste
- Prepares proper labeling and packaging.
- Fills containers according to procedures, closes containers, and keeps containers closed when not in use.
- Moves containers to storage areas.
- Prepares containers of hazardous waste for shipment.
- Cleans up spills promptly and remove the residue in a manner approved by the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for following safe work procedures.
- Completes logs and production records.
- Operates industrial and process machinery in a safe manner.
- Operates forklift trucks, skid-steer loaders, industrial sweepers as required.
- Dismantles batteries according to work procedures.
- Required to periodically and safely use hand or power tools for the maintenance and adjustment of process equipment.
- Works in conjunction with contractors cleaning process tanks and installing new equipment.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to perform all tasks and troubleshooting procedures.
- Wears proper PPE as required.
- Able to work at a steady pace
- Able to pass a background check
- Able to read and write on electronic and paper documents, record shipment information, and able to use basic math skills
- Trained to safely handle hazardous waste
- Knowledgeable about procedures contained in the Integrated Management System about labeling and pre-shipment and container preparation
- Knowledgeable about the procedures contained in the Integrated Management System regarding emergency response, and the appropriate use of personal protective equipment
- Knowledgeable about the location and characteristics of hazardous waste handled
- Comfortable in an industrial environment
**Sign on bonus: $250 paid at 30 days, $250 paid at 60 days, $250 paid at 90 days
***Benefits start after 90 days***
Cirba believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline the primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.