First Nations Work Opportunity in Vancouver:
Posted: December 2022
Are you interested in zero waste and helping protect our environment?
About the Indigenous Zero Waste Technical Advisory Group (IZWTAG)
IZWTAG is proud to be an Indigenous run, non-profit society dedicated to protecting the environment and improving waste management within every First Nation community. Founded in 2019, IZWTAG is expanding its team to meet the high demand for its programs and services. Visit izwtag.com to learn more.
Scope of Work
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for managing the IZWTAG office, incoming calls, emails/faxes, and member databases, and supporting the Executive Director and other team members in implementing their work, including basic bookkeeping, purchasing, assisting with managing the website and social media, scheduling meetings and tracking workflow and reporting.
As an indigenous-led organization, IZWTAG aims to recruit First Nations personnel. Additionally, the role is for someone who has:
- Demonstrated experience working with First Nation communities.
- Proven capability to work independently.
- 2 to 5 years managing office operations, ideally in the non-profit space.
- Experience with phone handling and customer service.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Word, Excel.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and abilities in English.
- Experience with WordPress, Zoom, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram.
IZWTAG operates on a Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm schedule. This position will require working at least 28 hours per week (4 days per week, 7 hours per day). The work will be conducted out of the IZWTAG Vancouver office.
The total salary for this position is $54,600 annually. Eligible expenses will be reimbursed, up to $5000 annually. This position could also be hired on a contract basis and renewed annually.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a fit? We invite you to submit your resume and a cover letter via email to Lucinda Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.